Back pain can be bothersome and get in the way of daily activities. Physical therapy can be the solution for you to relieve back pain. At Broadway Diagnostic, we provide physical therapy from our licensed specialists. If your back pain has been lasting for over two weeks, consider physical therapy in Amityville.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can be treated or even prevented by taking certain measures. It is important to be conscious of your back pain and treat it before it worsens. Some causes of back pain that can be relieved by physical therapy in Amityville include:
- Strain in back muscle or ligament
- Ruptured disks
To determine your route of treatment and which physical therapy methods should be used, a specialist will take a series of tests. These tests include, but are not limited to:
- CT scan
- Blood tests
Passive Physical Therapy
Passive physical therapy might be one type of physical therapy recommended to patients suffering from back pain. It consists of treatments where the patient doesn’t have to actively participate. Such examples of passive physical therapy include the following:
- Heat/ice packs- The application of heat or ice to the area of pain for intervals of 20 minutes.
- TENS units- Electrodes on sticky pads attached to the area of pain via wires from a battery-operated device.
- Iontophoresis- Electrical currents passed through skin soaked in water to relieve back pain.
- Ultrasound- Sound waves from a machine are delivered to the skin.
Active Physical Therapy
Active physical therapy exercises are also advised by doctors to rehabilitate the back. This type of physical therapy includes a series of exercises and stretches, which we offer during physical therapy in Amityville. Some of these activities include:
- Knee-to-chest stretch
- Lower back rotational stretch
- Lower back flexibility exercise
- Bridge exercise
- Cat/cow stretch
Contact Physical Therapy in Amityville
If you are struggling with back pain and are ready to resolve it, consider our team at Broadway Diagnostic. We provide physical therapy in Amityville to our patients to help relieve their pain. Call our office today for more information or to schedule an appointment with our specialist.