Massage therapy is the manipulation of muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues in the body. This therapy form can help treat many soft tissue injuries such as overused muscles, stiffness, and tears. Broadway Diagnostic & Rehabilitation offers massage therapy in Amityville, NY, with an experienced team of doctors who understand being injury and pain-free is essential to our patients. We will develop a treatment plan that will ensure the fullest recovery possible and make it as quick and pain-free as we can.
Our staff and trained professionals are here to provide expert care for you. We will evaluate your injuries so we can properly help to rehabilitate them. Massage therapy is a great option for patients experiencing excessive muscle tension and soreness. There is a myriad of massage therapy modalities that we can provide for you.
What Are Some Types of Massage Therapy?
A few types of massage therapy in Amityville, NY, help treat various soft tissue injuries and conditions. Below are some of the most popular forms of massage therapy:
- Deep Tissue Massage: This type of massage therapy is aimed at relieving muscle tension and soreness. This is pretty intense but should not cause further pain or discomfort.
- Sports Massage – Sports massages are great options for athletes who may be experiencing symptoms from overuse of their soft tissues.
- Trigger Point Massage: You may be experiencing chronic pain in parts of your body due to tension in your muscles in other parts of your body. These are called trigger points, and working on these points can relieve your chronic pain.
Who is a Good Candidate for Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy effectively treats many soft tissue injuries and conditions, including overuse sports injuries, improper body movements, bad sleeping positions, or age-related conditions. Good candidates for massage therapy in Amityville, NY include:
- Athletes or people who work out regularly,
- Individuals with labor-intensive occupations,
- Anyone experiencing body or muscle tension, pain, or discomfort.
Massage Therapy in Amityville, NY
Broadway Diagnostic offers massage therapy in Amityville, NY. Our fantastic team of doctors understands how vital being injury and pain-free is to an individual’s everyday activities, occupation, and other important life events. Soft tissue injuries and conditions can cause someone to feel restricted in their actions and lead to further damage. Receiving treatment for injuries or pain early on will increase your chances of making a full recovery and getting back to all of your everyday activities.