Orthopedic Injuries are any injury relating to the structures that enable movement in the body, such as bones and joints. Various factors could cause these injuries but mainly result from an accident or trauma to different parts of the body. Orthopedic injuries impact the musculoskeletal system. In addition to causing damage to bones and joints, they can also affect ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscles. Contact our Orthopedic Doctor in Amityville to schedule an appointment today!
Our Orthopedics doctor in Amityville provides excellent solutions; here at Broadway Diagnostic and Rehabilitation, many treatments are available to help orthopedic injuries. Our Orthopedic doctor in Amityville offers Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Neuro Diagnostics, Pain Management, Physical Therapy, and Orthopedics to fix various orthopedic injuries.
Common Orthopedic Injuries:
- Torn ACL: A torn ACL occurs in the knee and can occur when a sharp movement such as a twist or quick turn causes a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament. Symptoms include pain and swelling, and treatments such as physical therapy and surgery can help.
- Sprains: A sprain can occur when a ligament that connects bones and joints becomes stretched or torn. Sprains can occur in many areas of the body but are most common in the ankle or knee. Symptoms can include pain, bruising, and swelling and can be treated with rest, ice, and compression and sometimes require more medical attention.
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis Elbow is caused by repeated arm and wrist movements and mainly occurs when the tissue is overused. Symptoms include pain and tenderness, and treatments such as rest and physical therapy can help.
- Torn Rotator Cuff: A Torn Rotator Cuff is when the tissue connecting muscle to bone in the shoulder becomes torn. Symptoms include pain in the shoulder and weakness but can be fixed with physical therapy or surgery treatments.
- Torn Meniscus: A Torn Meniscus is caused by a twist or rotation of the knee creating a tear. Symptoms include pain, stiffness, and swelling and can be treated with physical therapy, braces, rest, or surgery.
Along with these common orthopedic injuries, many others have treatments available. Our orthopedic doctor in Amityville can help you acquire more information about how you can seek treatment, but you can also click here to learn more.
Contact Our Orthopedic Doctor in Amityville Today!
There are numerous treatments for all different types of orthopedic injuries. Our orthopedic doctor in Amityville is here to help you determine what is wrong and the best way to fix it! Contact our team so we can help treat and relieve your pain.